We are looking for a new Director
Jobs 8 February 2023
Room to Heal is an established therapeutic community in London. We support refugees and people seeking asylum, many of whom are torture survivors, through an integrated programme of therapeutic and casework assistance, in the context of a community of survivors. Our approach recognises the political context of our community members’ multiple and ongoing experiences of trauma and marginalisation including in their home country, on their journey to, and within, the UK. We offer long term and holistic support.
We are a small team of committed and hard working individuals who work collaboratively in a supportive and friendly environment.
We are looking for a Director who:
- Understands the experiences of our members in order to sustain Room to Heal’s therapeutic community and ensure the safety and appropriateness of all of our services
- Has awareness and interest in psychotherapy and group work
- Makes strategic decisions that centre the experience of refugees and people seeking asylum alongside maintaining the sustainability of the organisation
- Has the drive, care and vision to create new opportunities to support refugees and people seeking asylum and to learn and share experiences through external networks and partnerships in the UK and internationally
- Is able to speak with authenticity and challenge injustices knowing directly what the impact is due to own lived experience
- Can lead by consensus and collaboration and has a strong belief in the therapeutic benefits of community.
We strongly encourage applications from those with some lived experience of the issues that our community members are experiencing
For more information see full application pack here and monitoring form here.