Fundraising Complaints Policy
At Room to Heal, we are committed to maintaining high standards in all areas of our work and we are committed to treating all of our supporters with respect. We recognise though that sometimes we may get things wrong. If you would like to make a complaint about any aspect of our fundraising, we value your feedback and will take your concerns seriously. We will also work to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible.
Our policy is:
- To provide a fair complaints procedure which is clear and easy to use for anyone wishing to make a complaint
- To publicise our complaints procedure clearly on our website so people know how to contact us to make a complaint
- To make sure that everyone at Room to Heal knows what to do if a complaint is received
- To make sure complaints are investigated fairly and thoroughly and in a timely manner
- To make sure that, wherever possible, complaints are resolved and that relationships with our supporters are repaired
- To learn from these complaints so that we improve what we do.
How to get in touch with us
If you would like to make a complaint about a fundraising matter, please contact us at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To help us respond appropriately, and as quickly as possible, please provide us with the following information:
- Your name and contact details
- The reason for your feedback or complaint
- If you would like your feedback to be formally regarded as a complaint (if so, we will log this, bring this to the attention of senior staff and log it in our Annual Report and Accounts which will be filed with the Charity Commission and Companies House) or if you would like the issue to be dealt with informally in the first instance
- The date and time (if possible) of your complaint
- What outcome you are hoping for / what would resolve the issue for you.
If possible, we would recommend you complain in writing, via email, as this will help us maintain an accurate written record of your complaint and will help us respond as quickly as possible to you.
If this is not convenient for you, please contact us at:
- Telephone: 07515 461745
- Address: Room to Heal, Mildmay Community Centre, Woodville Road, London N16 8NA. Please note, though, that since the onset of the pandemic, our staff often work remotely and so we may only collect our post weekly. Occasionally postal items have not reached us. We therefore recommend emailing us if at all possible to ensure you get a quicker response.
Whatever the issue, we will endeavour to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible.
We will acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days of your complaint being received and we will aim to investigate and resolve your issue within that time period too. If further action and/or more time is needed to investigate, we will aim to set realistic and reasonable time limits for this, and we will let you know how long this might take, so you are kept up to date.
If you are not satisfied
We very much hope you will be satisfied with our response to your complaint and that we can resolve the issue quickly for you. However, if you are not satisfied with the response you receive from us, you may then take your complaint to the Fundraising Regulator. Their contact details are:
Fundraising Regulator, 2nd Floor, CAN Mezzanine, 49-51 East Road, London, N1 6AH
We will then work together with the Fundraising Regulator and you to resolve your complaint.
If you have any queries about this policy or our procedures, please do get in touch at email@example.com.